- Maintenance Class: a mechanism used to group maintenance plans together and assign a maintenance class to asset groups.
- Maintenance Plan: a collection of maintenance tasks that are performed on a scheduled basis, either by time or usage.
- Maintenance Task: a single maintenance activity carried out by maintenance personnel. Each maintenance task includes specific task performance and its expected cost.
- Linking a fixed asset to maintenance class
- Assign “Maintenance Class” when a new fixed asset is created
- Set maintenance schedule by period or by usage through maintenance plan
- Determine repair and maintenance costs through maintenance task
- The sum of repair costs from each task will be shown on maintenance order
- Create maintenance order to initiate transaction journal entries and record maintenance history for the asset